Sonic Central > Rules Revisions

? Boxes

(1/6) > >>

SpinDashMaster:
This is a poll where we are debating the potential banning of ? rings in -some- games. I'll leave the opinions for replies to this thread. Here is the proposed ruling, Sonic Advance 3 used as a sample to block the ? boxes, more rulings for other games to come later--

Sonic Advance 3
Rings Divisions
You must use time attack mode in order for your stat to count.

Feel free to state your approval or disapproval, be it publicly or anonymously. You may change your vote in this poll at anytime (due to the fact that many people have changed opinions rapidly on this issue)

Also, it should be noted that should we include this ruling, any old charts affected by them will be passed to a freestyle division, and all players will be required to submit brand new stats for all levels into the new Rings categories.

Zeupar:
I'm for banning ? boxes in all the handheld games. My knowledge of 3D Sonic games is limited so I don't have an opinion about those yet.

Shadow Jacky:
ban/move I don't give a fuck.

werster:
No. Now I know y'all hate ? boxes, but no, this idea is pretty bad. You're asking to just take down charts just because suddenly we don't like ? boxes. Newsflash, everyone always hated them. If we were going to make this ruling we should've down it at first.

Second of all, we're bringing consistencies to the site. It's pretty stupid to allow ring boxes in some games, but disallow them in others.

Third of, you're now asking for people to put in stats based on a new rule. How much competition does a game like Sadv3 have? Friggen none. And just about the only hope it has to get new competition are new players going through the game and submitting their stats. And then you're banning the normal mode of the game making their stats invalid? Not only is that stupid, but unless they break a record you wouldn't even know!

Obviously the idea is that it would create more competition. Allow me to end by saying this idea is misguided. I have more reasons why this is stupid, but I can't remember them and whatever. All in all, we all hate ? boxes, but if you're committed enough to do a ring stat, you're going to put up with the bullshit regardless.

Zeupar:

--- Quote from: werster on January 02, 2012, 10:37:56 pm ---If we were going to make this ruling we should've down it at first.
--- End quote ---

I don't think that trying to fix errors from the past is a bad idea.

--- Quote from: werster on January 02, 2012, 10:37:56 pm ---It's pretty stupid to allow ring boxes in some games, but disallow them in others.
--- End quote ---

Avoiding certain ? boxes is impossible in some games. I like keeping this site as consistent as possible. However, I don't mind trading some consistency for competition, and I'm not the only one who feels this way.

--- Quote from: werster on January 02, 2012, 10:37:56 pm ---Not only is that stupid, but unless they break a record you wouldn't even know!
--- End quote ---

Well, that's the case for many of our rules, and that didn't prevent us from setting them to improve competition. This would be simply another example of the same.

--- Quote from: werster on January 02, 2012, 10:37:56 pm ---Obviously the idea is that it would create more competition. Allow me to end by saying this idea is misguided.
--- End quote ---

Do you have any arguments to back up that claim? I, for one, never competed seriously in the ring charts of the handheld Sonic games because of the ? boxes and, if we end up banning them, will ring attack those games quite a lot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version