Sonic Central > Rules Revisions

Sonic Heroes Team Battle Rule

(1/4) > >>

flying fox:

--- Quote ---Boss Divisions
*In the Team battles, if the battle ends before you gain control of your team, your stat is void.
--- End quote ---

Ok about a few days ago I was messing around on Team Two with Team Sonic. I accidently activated the glitch and I got a time of 0:04:81. I tested it to see what the actual time was that Sonic starts moving by using the previous and next frame button on anri chan. The time I found out that they start moving was 0:04:66 - 0:04:71, which proves that I did gain control of Team Sonic before the battle ended. However, I spoke to some people about this (a couple of them being admins), and some say that it is legit while others say it isn't.

I know this was a talking point not long ago but I think this needs to be sorted out properly, because I have no idea whether to submit this or not. So is my stat legit or does the rule need to be re-worded?

Luxray:
Well this is a discussion on it, so here's my take on this rule/particular case.

As you've said, you were certain you took control before the battle ended (not from your testing with anrichan, but from what you remember of the run in particular) and by what the rule states, you cannot submit a stat unless you took control before it ended. So in my opinion its -technically- legitimate.

And just as a note for any other rules: Don't assume everyone knows the glitch when creating the rule. Make sure it is adressed properly or, if you use the glitch name in the rule, make sure the glitch is explained in some way so that those who don't know of the glitch initially, learn of its existance AND know that it is disallowed.

Groudon:
I think the rule should be reworded (to something like "In team battles, all characters must remain in their starting positions until you gain control.").

Luxray:
^Actually that is only as effective to this strat as the current ruling. Perhaps to make it more blunt:

"No techniques or moves from previous attempts may affect your current attempt or else your stat is void."

flying fox:

--- Quote from: Luxray on June 29, 2010, 01:31:12 pm ---^Actually that is only as effective to this strat as the current ruling. Perhaps to make it more blunt:

"No techniques or moves from previous attempts may affect your current attempt or else your stat is void."

--- End quote ---

I'd like to point out that we do that sort of thing in S3 with the rings. Where we die at a checkpoint in act 2 so we can gain entry into act 1 again for more rings. So could we use this rule in SH since it is different to S3 in a way?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version