Sonic Central > Rules Revisions

About Sonic Unleashed PS3/360 night scores...

<< < (7/13) > >>

Thorn:

--- Quote from: Paraxade on June 14, 2009, 09:51:27 pm ---
--- Quote from: Thorn on June 14, 2009, 09:41:46 pm ---You've completely misunderstood me. The full rule would be something along the lines of "In areas with respawning enemies, you cannot achieve a combo of more than ___." I am NOT saying you cannot hit respawning enemies at all. I'm simply proposing a limitation to how often. Set the blank at a number that still lets you finish off the Big Mother or whatever with your low-strength werehog and permits accidental hits, but that gives a low enough combo bonus to not be much different than killing the Big Mother quickly and saving Time Bonus points.
--- End quote ---

eh maybe that would work... but saying "you can't get a combo higher than x" still doesn't limit how many times you can get that combo.

--- End quote ---

Then phrase it in terms of total combo bonus earned instead of the combo itself. Voila.

--- Quote ---Having two charts would require people's stats to be wiped? One chart would allow the glitch, the other wouldn't. There's been a slew of people around TSC asking for shortcut/non-shortcut divisions, and this seems even more practical due to the fact that it's using two different "versions" of the same level, as you put it.
--- End quote ---

No, but banning a trick that the best stats have to use because it was patched out and then wiping the charts would. >_>

--- End quote ---

Then don't wipe them, and have both, or something. This point still all comes down to whether you consider patches to be equivalent to separate, released versions of the game, and since neither of us are budging, we're going nowhere.* Thorn moves on to the next point.

--- Quote ---The fact that the game's been around for a while dictates whether or not new charts can be added? We've added Special charts for Rush, Heroes, and Chaotix long after charts for said games were first created. While there's not a whole lot of competition, what little there is is from the people who care about competing in the game (champions, high-ranked people, and people who just plain like the game). We're not here to pamper to the people who stopped competing in a game, we're here to cater to those that are competing in it right now.
--- End quote ---

No, I'm referring to new releases. Just thinking if a new version of a game came out where much lower times were possible long after the original came out it wouldn't seem fair to track them on the same charts... but there's also not much point to having separate charts for every single different version of a game (I'm thinking we'd have Sonic 1, Sonic 1 Cell Phone, Sonic 1 GBA, etc...).

--- End quote ---

I was making that statement regarding the Sonic 3D versions, though, not new releases. The Unleashed DLC was an example of new charts for a game not garnering much interest, as a response to you being against adding full Sonic 3D charts.

Groudon:

--- Quote from: Thorn on June 14, 2009, 10:03:58 pm ---
--- Quote from: Thorn on June 14, 2009, 09:41:46 pm ---You've completely misunderstood me. The full rule would be something along the lines of "In areas with respawning enemies, you cannot achieve a combo of more than ___." I am NOT saying you cannot hit respawning enemies at all. I'm simply proposing a limitation to how often. Set the blank at a number that still lets you finish off the Big Mother or whatever with your low-strength werehog and permits accidental hits, but that gives a low enough combo bonus to not be much different than killing the Big Mother quickly and saving Time Bonus points.
--- End quote ---

eh maybe that would work... but saying "you can't get a combo higher than x" still doesn't limit how many times you can get that combo.

--- End quote ---

Then phrase it in terms of total combo bonus earned instead of the combo itself. Voila.

--- End quote ---

Remember that you cannot see your total combo bonus until after you finish the level.

Thorn:
^ Your bonus for a specific combo shows up as soon as you achieve the bonus. For example, as soon as you get, say, 11 hits, the game displays a message under the combo counter saying "BONUS     100". The cap wouldn't be ridiculously high, so if your combo does break and you can't figure out if multiple combos summed together exceed the cap, you probably belong at a Sonic site with a lower average IQ. :P

EDIT: Maybe my wording isn't clear. The combo bonus cap is what you earn against a specific respawning situation (Big Mother, Rexes, whatever), not for the entire level.

Parax:

--- Quote from: Thorn on June 14, 2009, 10:03:58 pm ---Then phrase it in terms of total combo bonus earned instead of the combo itself. Voila.
--- End quote ---

Like Groudon said you can't see it until you finish the level, and it would vary greatly based on level because levels are not exactly the same in terms of how long they are/how many enemies there are/what enemies.

--- Quote ---I was making that statement regarding the Sonic 3D versions, though, not new releases. The Unleashed DLC was an example of new charts for a game not garnering much interest, as a response to you being against adding full Sonic 3D charts.
--- End quote ---

I'm not against S3DB having special stage charts if there's a decent way to implement them.

Thorn:
^ Regarding your first point, see my previous post.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version