Sonic Central > Rules Revisions

Reviving this forum as I review some things based on recent events

<< < (5/7) > >>

Zeupar:
You nooblets... I have gotten the perfect score as Sonic and Blaze for MH1, MH2, ML1, ML2, CC1, CC2, HS1 and all the hidden islands without death abuse. <_<
I am not sure, though, if I will be able to do the same with the other stages, because I have not tried. >_>

--- Quote from: Thorn on May 01, 2009, 11:00:09 am ---Also there is still a Rivals 2 rule missing regarding not earning scores in Free Play mode. The level results screen doesn't show a score in free play, but the score counter runs in the background and will print records to the statistics screen regardless: without the AI rival there to impose a time limit, score spamming is possible.
--- End quote ---

I will add that rule tomorrow.

--- Quote from: Thorn on May 01, 2009, 11:00:09 am ---Sonic 3 requires a rule regarding tricks that can be achieved in the PC version or Sonic Jam version but not the Genesis version or any emulation thereof. The first trick that comes to mind is going over the ceiling in Launch Base 2 Sonic or Tails in a spot that only works on the disc versions. The same rule should probably clarify that the converse is not true: for example, the Marble Garden 2 horizontal wrap zip can't be done on PC or Saturn, but is allowed and can be done on the Genesis version. I believe SM explained this restriction in terms of the rarity of the disc versions...

...which brings up the interesting question of the newfound slight advantages given to the disc versions in certain bosses in Sonic 3D Blast. It's only a second in most cases, but Sonic 3D Blast boss levels have a much tighter time restriction for a good rank on TSC than time charts for most other games. Strangely enough, the disc versions have disadvantages in ring/score divisions. The rarity of the versions and great differences in Special Stages was the main reasoning behind not introducing Special Stage charts, but it's being allowed in Time divisions. Interpret that as you will.
--- End quote ---

I think that we should allow all of these disc version advantages to be coherent with TSC's standards.

Aitamen:

--- Quote from: Taillow on May 03, 2009, 05:51:41 am ---
--- Quote from: Aitamen on May 03, 2009, 03:14:27 am ---
--- Quote from: Paraxade on May 02, 2009, 11:15:50 am ---...every score max in SRA involves spamming tricks then dying to play the level with the full trick bonus...

--- End quote ---

There is no score tallied in the run, only bonuses... this was brought up at the time and then dismissed, unless I'm mistaken about said chatroom shenanigans

--- End quote ---
It's a trick bonus.  As in get your trick bonus maxed before restarting and keeping the max trick bonus.  As in the bonus you get after you complete the level.

--- End quote ---

Right, but because you start in the same place as you normally would, it doesn't invalidate any earlier rules.

Because it's not TALLIED until after you've completed it, I always assumed that it was ignored

I have SRush, btw... i'm not fully ignorant this time around >_>

Luxray:

--- Quote from: Aitamen on May 03, 2009, 09:23:16 pm ---
--- Quote from: Taillow on May 03, 2009, 05:51:41 am ---
--- Quote from: Aitamen on May 03, 2009, 03:14:27 am ---
--- Quote from: Paraxade on May 02, 2009, 11:15:50 am ---...every score max in SRA involves spamming tricks then dying to play the level with the full trick bonus...

--- End quote ---

There is no score tallied in the run, only bonuses... this was brought up at the time and then dismissed, unless I'm mistaken about said chatroom shenanigans

--- End quote ---
It's a trick bonus.  As in get your trick bonus maxed before restarting and keeping the max trick bonus.  As in the bonus you get after you complete the level.

--- End quote ---

Right, but because you start in the same place as you normally would, it doesn't invalidate any earlier rules.

Because it's not TALLIED until after you've completed it, I always assumed that it was ignored

I have SRush, btw... i'm not fully ignorant this time around >_>

--- End quote ---

Rush and Rush Adventure both have this feature. You spam trick sets, die before you hit a checkpoint (to get the time bonus obv), start the level from the start and take the best possible route (Rush adventure just requires 100 rings within an alloted time. working on a guide for it) and finish.

--- Quote from: Zeupar on May 03, 2009, 10:43:45 am ---You nooblets... I have gotten the perfect score as Sonic and Blaze for MH1, MH2, ML1, ML2, CC1, CC2, HS1 and all the hidden islands without death abuse. <_<
I am not sure, though, if I will be able to do the same with the other stages, because I have not tried.

--- End quote ---

Some levels like the Hidden Islands and The first 3 Zones are easy. Also Pirates Island (many opportunities for tricks within the level and 2-2:30 minutes, forget the time cap). Sky Babylon is probably the best example where this is used. Its near impossible for me to get 100 rings, 20 sets of tricks and 100 rings all at once. Tricks come first then i find the best possible route.

Ring Rush:
Wait what?

I'm pretty sure I did all my scores without death abuse. And Sky Babylon 2 Blaze was going to be my example of a score you -couldn't- get with death abuse as the time limit combined with ring requirement is so tight, that restarting makes you lose it.

Anyways, I don't see death abuse as that big of a deal. Just make sure it is explicitly stated which games you cannot death abuse in (Sonic 2, SSR, etc).

Luxray:

--- Quote from: Zeupar on May 03, 2009, 10:43:45 am ---
--- Quote from: Thorn on May 01, 2009, 11:00:09 am ---Also there is still a Rivals 2 rule missing regarding not earning scores in Free Play mode. The level results screen doesn't show a score in free play, but the score counter runs in the background and will print records to the statistics screen regardless: without the AI rival there to impose a time limit, score spamming is possible.
--- End quote ---

I will add that rule tomorrow.

--- End quote ---

Orly?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version