Sonic Central > Rules Revisions

Sonic 06 rule additions [resolved]

(1/3) > >>

Groudon:
I srsly wonder why nothing has been done by any mod to give any type of feedback on the S06 issues brought up since April (even though mike posted in one of the topics, nothing was actually done).  First off, the issues themselves.

Free roam:  A consensus was never reached on this issue, but I feel that a full ban of free roam would be appropriate.
Repeating town missions:  No-brainer for this.  Full ban.
Radical Train infinite points:  Posted in a topic separate from the above, a rule was thought up almost immediately and nothing was done.  Full ban on the exploit.

mike posted a quick sentence regarding the infinite-point thing.

--- Quote from: yse on October 11, 2008, 11:21:16 pm ---
--- Quote from: Groudon on October 11, 2008, 09:19:17 pm ---Basically, you can keep going through the ring over and over again for point scalping.

--- End quote ---

Well, point scalping is never allowed. A bit of common sense is in order.

--- End quote ---

What about for those that lack common sense?

Anyway, here are the rules themselves.

Score Divisions
In a town mission, you may not earn any points when the mission is not loaded.
In a town mission, you may not complete the objective more than once in the same run.
You may not pass through a trick ring more than once.

Rings Divisions
When playing a town mission, you may not complete the objective more than once in the same run.

Any mod want to add the above rules?  Any user want to better word any of the rules?

yse:

--- Quote from: Groudon on November 24, 2008, 07:51:39 pm ---What about for those that lack common sense?
--- End quote ---

Clearly referring to yourself there.

--- Quote from: Groudon on November 24, 2008, 07:51:39 pm ---Free roam:  A consensus was never reached on this issue, but I feel that a full ban of free roam would be appropriate.
--- End quote ---

I mean seriously what. I am not making a rule without a clear consensus. Or an admin with common sense and knowledge of the game (the key point here) takes it upon themselves.

Unrelatedly, I think the time has come for another admin. One that's actually motivated to work on the site.

Eis Makai:
Even though i don't play S06, this seems pretty right. From what heard these rules make it better or it can make it worse. :p

*iceman runs (Iceman does alot of running espcially in Marathons

Parax:
I'm in support of free roam being completely banned. Anyone disagree?

Possible rewordings of the first rule:

--- Quote ---In a town mission, you may not earn any points while the timer isn't ticking.
In a town mission, you may not earn any points when the mission is not loaded.
--- End quote ---

The others sound good.

flying fox:
I too want to see free roam being banned.  Its just plain wrong. I like the possible rewordings of the rules in Paraxade's post. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version