Sonic Central > Rules Revisions

S&K: Lava Reef 1 - Respawning Badniks

<< < (2/8) > >>

Magnezone:
Alright. I checked this out myself, and I can safely say that this is nothing like the LB birds. All you have to do there is hold down for seven-eight minutes. In this case you have to consistently go back and forth. Same as Hill Top, Mushroom Hill, Atomic Destroyer, every SAdv Score, and every SSR mission with a timer and a rail. The only thing that makes LR stick out is that the score is like WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HIGH and somehow that makes for a reason as to why we should ban it. It's not infinite, and it takes more strategy to get the highest score than SAdv2 scores. I say it should be legal.

Also, on a similar note, I searched Act 2 for a similar spot and only Knuckles has a spot where these large combos are possible.

Aitamen:
I vote unban for reasons sited by SkyL... mostly because I thought it was the "bounce off an enemy and go so high it respawns, then fall down on it again for inf combo" thing that was found a few years back...

Thorn:
Admin bump.

The general tone of this topic seems to be that they want this rule removed. This bump is because a similar issue cropped up in Mushroom Hill that led us to ban it across the game as a whole, and the Rules Committee has been largely unresponsive about it. So if you have a particular stance on this ruling across all of S3&K (Launch Base, Mushroom Hill, Lava Reef), speak now or forever hold you peace. I'll check back when the topic dies down and bug SonicAD about making the majority ruling the norm.

Note that it's highly likely that this topic will be used as precedent in future debates about spam scoring. If your opinion reaches over to Hill Top rock spamming, Sonic Advance 2 mid-air trick action spamming, or anything similar, make your case.

Aitamen:
The goal of the site, as I understand it, is that we're aiming for the highest competitive stats.  We Outlaw'd Gamma's Hot Shelter because it went infinite, we outlawed Flag Bouncing because it's infinite, we outlaw'd botnik sitting on those turrets spawning hundreds of thousands of points because it's infinite.

If there's a timer, the spam isn't infinite, unless it maxes the counter.  Rather, timing and speed are still valued (both how fast you can pull off the spam and how much time you need to get to the end afterwards).

This also goes to S2 (HT, the rock breaking), to SAdva2 trick bonuses, and anywhere else... ban it if it goes infinite or maxes the counter, leave it alone if it's simply abuse of a mechanic.

Yes, I realize that LB would explode, and I don't care, heh

Magnezone:
I'm pretty much in line with Aitamen's response. It's silly to ban techniques that push clearly defined boundaries (the Time Over aspect of the old games) to the limit. It really doesn't matter how big the number gets as long as there's a limit imposed on the score. Even in LB, if you sit there for the 8 minutes of spindashing at the beginning, you're still not going to get an infinitely large score or get anywhere close to maximizing the score value.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version