Sonic Central > Rules Revisions

S&K: Lava Reef 1 - Respawning Badniks

<< < (4/8) > >>

Aitamen:
I don't play 3D sonic, really, but I still have respect for the amount of time poured into getting a low time in those runs.  The question isn't "would you enjoy doing it", but rather, "if we allow this, does it remain competitive" and "would this idea be beneficial to the site, both in theme as a precedent for future rulings, and for Sitewide/champion rankings"

I don't think this argument goes the route of "rings and scores are boring, we should just have times charts!"...

Strong Bad:
....okay...?

Zeupar:
In my opinion we should delete all the charts that Aitamen listed. While I agree that having a record over 400K points for a certain stage is awesome to impress newbies, getting decent scores on charts like that involve boring strategies that nobody sane would enjoy. I think that deleting them is a better idea than imposing a random cap which in some cases you couldn't tell if you violated.

But when it comes to deleting charts, TSC tends to be pretty conservative so I don't think people will like this idea. If I have to choose between imposing a random cap and allowing the scalp, I pick the latter.

Aitamen:
I don't think a cap was ever mentioned: it's either legalize or ban and remove the charts (freestyle?) at this point.

and if your only reason to ban it is "we don't enjoy it", I have a ton of things I, and everyone else, have done that we didn't like that I'm sure we'd like to not have had to do.

Zeupar:

--- Quote from: Aitamen on March 09, 2010, 07:10:35 pm ---I don't think a cap was ever mentioned

--- End quote ---

It was mentioned recently. In a topic posted on a board that you can't access.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version