Sonic Central > Rules Revisions

SRA Emerald Races

<< < (2/6) > >>

Ring Rush:
It isn't as much the path he takes as it is how much he boosts and how fast he naturally goes. When he is behind you his boost fills faster and he is a lot quicker. This becomes more apparent near the end of the race when you get into the final stretch, or at the start of the race if you stop moving.

Bilan:

--- Quote from: Ring Rush on November 14, 2007, 08:46:33 pm ---It isn't as much the path he takes as it is how much he boosts and how fast he naturally goes.

--- End quote ---

Considering that to even beat him in the last 2 or 3 races you have to follow a set path yourself and boost at one specific time and hope you dont ram into everything in sight. I dont think it really matters. Purple without upgrades is essentially an automated race.

Also I consider your point about if you stop moving at the start to be total moot. So er, if you stand still he boosts away from you faster? Well er, NO SHIT, YOU'RE NOT MOVING FORWARDS. And even if you are he begins to boost away from you at the same time on every track. This includes when you get in front of him/are in front on the final straight.

I did pick up quite a bit from having to play light blue a few times and purple over and over you know.

Ring Rush:
Actually, I'm saying if you stop at the start you'll get slightly faster, not he'll get slightly faster.

And if you say there is only one path when you are normal, it is the same when you are upgraded. Obviously if its the fastest one way it will be fastest the other way, with only minor variation. If you want to compete in races, you'ld still have to do this same 'winning path'. Whether or not it is to beat Johnny by a little or a lot doesn't matter, as we don't track Johnny's position in the rankings.

Bilan:

--- Quote from: Ring Rush on November 14, 2007, 08:59:11 pm ---Actually, I'm saying if you stop at the start you'll get slightly faster, not he'll get slightly faster.

--- End quote ---

Still moot, because why on God's green Earth would you bother doing that?

Also no, the variation is quite large between the modes as a matter of fact!

For example, most of the Viking Cup revolves around keeping up with Johnnys stupid afterboost disc things to try and keep your pitiful top speed up, whereas upgrades ensure that this crap like that is unnecessary; you already travel fast enough to keep up with him and so dont need to snake around to hit those, missing rings and the chance to attack enemies, and probably kill your combo and/or cause your infinite boost to run out which will affect your score and/or your time.

In terms of time I dont think I need to mention again the differences to the competition the upgrades would have instead of 8 people with 1:05:70-80 in Purple Emerald.

Edit: pwnt.

<SkyL> erm
 <SkyL> johnny uses the same route every time
 <SkyL> no matter if you're behind him, in front of him, or whatever
 [RPG] Thank you
 [RPG] Thats exactly what Ive been trying to tell him
 [RPG] But NOOOOOOO

Ring Rush:
What Johnny does really doesn't matter. Its just a side thing I threw in there, that I guessed hurt me more than it helped me.

But anyways, you are saying non-Viking Cup gives more competition, yet you just perfectly described a much more interesting competition, at least score wise. And as far as time goes, Viking Cup still tracks time. If you could only get within a .05 range and still beat him, they wouldn't bother addimg time tracking in. There is obviously more variation than you think.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version