Sonic Central > Rules Revisions

SRA Emerald Races

<< < (3/6) > >>

Bilan:
This is coming from the same series that makes you collect 200+ rings while falling in a tube on a snowboard, and you can get about 205 if you're damn good.

And also the "Get 100 rings in ~60 seconds" Secret Mission in Sonic Jam's Sonic World which is also ridiculously hard.

And er, describing how you are -forced- to miss points to keep up with Johnny is better than being able to go rack up a hi score? Dude are you even being serious anymore.

EDIT

So like I just tested one to try and provide myself with more ammunition. And to my intense irritance I discover that if you -dont beat Johnny then you dont even get your stats output-

Mymy.

So considering that you have to beat Johnny, and in the purple emerald race in particular, you literally have no time at all to spare, Purple Time == Purple Score.

Ring Rush:
Edit: Post got deleted for some reason...just see the next post for it quoted.

Bilan:

--- Quote from: Ring Rush on November 14, 2007, 09:51:47 pm ---Okay, I feel like doing point-by-point responses. Yay.

--- Quote from: Starly on November 14, 2007, 09:33:54 pm ---This is coming from the same series that makes you collect 200+ rings while falling in a tube on a snowboard, and you can get about 205 if you're damn good.  Where was this? Whatever, doesn't matter. <-- Advance 1 Purple Emerald

And also the "Get 100 rings in ~60 seconds" Secret Mission in Sonic Jam's Sonic World which is also ridiculously hard. May I note that we have this chart on TSC? Way to shoot yourself in the foot. <-- We in fact, do not. The 100 ring mission TSC tracks is different to the secret mission.

And er, describing how you are -forced- to miss points to keep up with Johnny is better than being able to go rack up a hi score? Dude are you even being serious anymore. And in Sonic Advance 3 by doing time attack instead of easy mode on adventure I am -FORCING- myself to have to dodge more enemies. TSC isn't always about the easiest or fastest way, otherwise we would have 0 seconds on all SA2 m2s or 9,999,999 points on Cosmic Wall. <-- Except the former is impossible, 8:25 would be achieveable with abuse of the pause menu and the latter is only possible with the use of stacking speed shoes in order to clear a huge jump.

EDIT

So like I just tested one to try and provide myself with more ammunition. And to my intense irritance I discover that if you -dont beat Johnny then you dont even get your stats output- ...well duh <--Not worth a response

Mymy. K.<--Nor this

So considering that you have to beat Johnny, and in the purple emerald race in particular, you literally have no time at all to spare, Purple Time == Purple Score. Except not. I severly doubt to beat Johnny you have to hit the exact same rings and boost at the exact same enemies every time. <--I dare you to try and prove that consistently

--- End quote ---

Also if you really want upgrades, you could try to get it into freestyle. Yet I say that isn't really worth it.

--- End quote ---

I have no intention of seeing them freestyled.

Ring Rush:
This is coming from the same series that makes you collect 200+ rings while falling in a tube on a snowboard, and you can get about 205 if you're damn good.  Where was this? Whatever, doesn't matter. <-- Advance 1 Purple Emerald Okay, I've never played this game, so I wouldn't know.

And also the "Get 100 rings in ~60 seconds" Secret Mission in Sonic Jam's Sonic World which is also ridiculously hard. May I note that we have this chart on TSC? Way to shoot yourself in the foot. <-- We in fact, do not. The 100 ring mission TSC tracks is different to the secret mission. Never played this game either, so I'll take your word for it.

And er, describing how you are -forced- to miss points to keep up with Johnny is better than being able to go rack up a hi score? Dude are you even being serious anymore. And in Sonic Advance 3 by doing time attack instead of easy mode on adventure I am -FORCING- myself to have to dodge more enemies. TSC isn't always about the easiest or fastest way, otherwise we would have 0 seconds on all SA2 m2s or 9,999,999 points on Cosmic Wall. <-- Except the former is impossible, 8:25 would be achieveable with abuse of the pause menu and the latter is only possible with the use of stacking speed shoes in order to clear a huge jump. Both are possible. For the ~0s thing, you can restart after a restart/death to drop your time even further. For Cosmic Wall, it uses a new glitch that is perfectly legal in everything but score, not a widely banned speed shoe glitch.

Pointless stuff removed here to save space...

So considering that you have to beat Johnny, and in the purple emerald race in particular, you literally have no time at all to spare, Purple Time == Purple Score. Except not. I severly doubt to beat Johnny you have to hit the exact same rings and boost at the exact same enemies every time. <--I dare you to try and prove that consistently  There are hundreds of rings and about a hundred enemies and spikeballs. Do you honestly think that you will always hit the exact same combination every time you do it?

Bilan:
Do you honestly expect to beat Johnny and take out enemies while doing it? Go try this and then make that point again, as for the ring grabbing, if they're not in the path of the...things he leaves behind....that boost you, forget them, you dont have time to stray.

"Both are possible. For the ~0s thing, you can restart after a restart/death to drop your time even further." B& tactic, unless Im very much mistaken, and thus an irrelevant comparison.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version