Sonic Central > Rules Revisions

SRA Emerald Races

(1/6) > >>

Bilan:
<bitch>

So yeah I had to be -told- that you can rematch Johnny via the Viking Cup because I never saw the piddly arrow pointing down to the races underneath Wave Cyclone 2.

As such I boated all the way out to each spot and raced him like that. As such Im not pleased with the amount of time this wasted but I digress.

So basically, racing him in the Bullshit I mean Viking Cup forces you to use the nonupgraded bike which is Hella slow and also makes the Purple Emerald near impossible. Oh and it makes Scores boring because you cannot afford to boost through enemies because you'll fall behind and lose.

Whereas boating out to him lets you use your fully upgraded bike, which allows for faster times and higher scores to be obtained which is what TSC has been about for the past ever, right? Right. And also once you actually get to him you can rematch him an infinite number of tries until you return to the island anyway.

</bitch>

Ring Rush:
Well on the topic of effort, I put a lot of effort in to some of my scores on Viking Cup, that could easily be beaten outside of it. So both ways are annoying to one side.

Also, may I point out that in every game so far, when there is an 'official' time attack mode you have to use it. Viking Cup is the 'official' mode for the water vehicles, therefore it should be used.

It sounds to me like you are angry you have to redo your stats and your only arguement is that Viking Cup is 'too hard', while I am using examples set from previous debates in TSC.

Bilan:

--- Quote from: Ring Rush on November 14, 2007, 08:27:58 pm ---It sounds to me like you are angry you have to redo your stats and your only arguement is that Viking Cup is 'too hard'

--- End quote ---

Until you factor in that I cleared all 7 races originally without upgrading.

Also you completely missed the point I was making; the upgrades allow for greater competition potential.

Viking Cup Purple Emerald is going to have -everyone- bundled around the 1:05:5x-8x mark whereas permitting upgrades might see some actual variation in the stats.

Ring Rush:
But not really...more speed does not make more diversity among the upper players. They will still all be clumped, since all Viking Cup is is moving left to right and knowing when to boost. Speed plays no part in that. Also note that Johnny does not always finish at the same time; he has a handicap when you are in front of him, and you have a handicap when you are behind him. So you can beat Johnny by .3 seconds, but that doesn't mean you will have the same time as someone else who beats him by .3 seconds.

Bilan:

--- Quote from: Ring Rush on November 14, 2007, 08:36:03 pm ---€
Also note that Johnny does not always finish at the same time; he has a handicap when you are in front of him, and you have a handicap when you are behind him.

--- End quote ---

I think you may find that he actually follows an identical pattern every time; he only diverges when you do something that directly affects this such as boost ahead of him and knock an enemy out of the way that he runs into without fail for example, which I distinctly remember you can do in a later one (Although that actually hinders you). The only other way to alter his pattern slightly is to ram him and knock him off course. Which is useless anyway as he spends the whole of about .2 going back into Monotone Racer Mode

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version