Sonic Central > Rules Revisions

Sonic CD Score/Rings + Time Warp: Yay or Nay?

(1/3) > >>

Thorn:
I'd kind of assumed that it was another one of those understood rules that everyone was using Time Attack mode for everything, until I had a seemingly perfect Palmtree Panic 2 ring record toppled about an hour after setting it. After going back and reviewing all of the charts, other large gaps became obvious, like Stardust Speedway 2.

I couldn't care either way, but something needs to be put down in the rules, as it's clear to me that the majority of Ring stats seem to have been set in Time Attack mode aside from a sparse few.

Pros of Time Warp

* More interesting competition
* Tougher competition
Cons of Time Warp

* Rules would need to allow Debugger level select, since regular level select is borked
* Non-PC version users would need to create a save at every level due to aforementioned borked level select: Time Warp after level select returns you to title screen

Bilan:
LETS~
DO~
THE TIMEWARP~
AGAIN~~~~~

* 98ekim killed.
I say nay, the rules state Time Trial modes are to be used wherever possible etc

Groudon:

--- Quote from: Thorn on April 09, 2007, 02:14:11 pm ---as it's clear to me that the majority of Ring stats seem to have been set in Time Attack mode aside from a sparse few.

--- End quote ---

Well, the rules do suggest you use Time Attack for charts if possible.

Thorn:
^Just wanted to make the topic public before I go around screaming "I call BS" and whatnot.
Also I just re-read the rules, only under Time Divisions does it say to use Time Attack mode everywhere possible.

P.P.A.:
Time Attack only is what I would say. The other one would be too complicated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version