Sonic Central > Rules Revisions

S2006: Differences between difficulties and how they will be handled by TSC

<< < (5/6) > >>

Rolken:

--- Quote from: Crowbar on February 11, 2007, 05:23:52 am ---If you're going to have that attitude then you may as well never buy another Sonic game, ever.

Because, you know, you're just shelling out more money which you can't afford to waste on some games just so that you can be on equal footing with everyone else.
--- End quote ---
This is a crucial point. The money issue is a non-issue, because money is always a restriction on competition, even within game rankings. Sonic 2/3 is restricted by ownership of S&K, SA1/2 is restricted by ownership of DC/GC, S1GG by GG/SMS. Making an arbitrary exception here because it's online is ridiculous, especially since it's by far the CHEAPEST restriction to competition that's ever come up!

I see no reason to put it in Freestyle. There is the option of putting it in Extra and divorcing Extra from the overall rankings, leaving it with its own leadership. But the concept that it's somehow unfair to compete in it is absurd.

F-Man:
Well for me it's going to take FOREVER before I have submitted for every STH stat, and it's ok, there's no reason to be in a hurry. If you don't want to buy very hard mode just wait a few years till it's free or something.

Stefan:
rolken, the differences between SA1 and SA2 on DC/GC and this is that you can still compete and even do well at a statistic and overalls if you don't own the certain system. See yoshifan, SS101, and me in SA2 as GC exclusive players in the top 5. Marth was GC only at sa1 for the longest time and still remained at the top of the chart.

But requiring someone to purchase something to have the MEANS to compete hasn't happened in those two games.

Sonic 2 can be emulated to eliminate the inability to compete. But sonic06 can't. Requiring something to be purchased, no matter the price, in order to actually submit a stat at 1/3 of the competition kind of eliminates the competition for some.

I don't really have an opinion, I see both sids. But this is a different case than has happened prior.

Rolken:

--- Quote from: Stefan on February 11, 2007, 05:44:12 pm ---rolken, the differences between SA1 and SA2 on DC/GC and this is that you can still compete and even do well at a statistic and overalls if you don't own the certain system. See yoshifan, SS101, and me in SA2 as GC exclusive players in the top 5. Marth was GC only at sa1 for the longest time and still remained at the top of the chart.
--- End quote ---
The comparison is not exact, and you have more refined observations than a lot of the people posting in this topic. The point was that it costing money should not incite a knee-jerk response that it should not be on the site, or a lot of things would not be on the site.

--- Quote from: Stefan on February 11, 2007, 05:44:12 pm ---Requiring something to be purchased, no matter the price, in order to actually submit a stat at 1/3 of the competition kind of eliminates the competition for some.
--- End quote ---
And the alternative is to deny people from competing because others refuse to hand over a few bucks for the extra modes.

I mean, I presented the option of keeping downloadable content to its own side leadership. Refusing to download extra content does not necessarily have to impact overall rankings - but the notion that they should be barred from the site altogether is one that a lot of people are proposing and one I am not going to entertain because it benefits no one.

And need I point out again that you have to pay $60 to compete at all?

Bilan:
...NNNNNG.

RAR

MUST SMASH.

Every fibre in my being is telling me to smash those horrible times.

You have angered the beast.

He didnt want to do this.

He is angry. <_<

WROAR

EDIT: Mission 14 - Sonic needs a Score bracket, you can get points from destroying stuff during the mission
EDIT II: Mission 19 - Sonic - Rings needs to go, there are no rings for that mission.

Similary, Mission 20 - Sonic - Score needs to gtfo too, the only points to be earned there are from time bonus

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version