Sonic Central > Rules Revisions

New Games Are Up, But OLD Rules Remain Ambiguous

(1/5) > >>

Thorn:
Maybe I'm just crazy, but there's still a few things lying around that we should really get settled within the next... *looks at main page to see when the next excuse for a rule update is* ...few hours.  Anybody who's bumped into something he/she wasn't sure of, please post it here, whether you found an answer or not.

Here's my two sense:

S3&K:

* I had always assumed that you could end an act anywhere but needed to start at the correct start for a character (i.e. no three-second IC2).  The newest IC2K record uses Sonic's start.  Can this somehow be written into a rule to make it clear that it's legal?
* From what I've seen, rings uncovered by the Act 1 finish sign count towards either act.  This really needs to be said...
* I've been told that a Launch Base 2 shortcut in Sonic & Knuckles Collection is forbidden since it's blocked by invisible walls in the original.  It's already banned as a "functional change in level layout", but since it's an invisible solidity object that moved and not the level layout, it could use mentioning.
* Balloon Park's balloon-per-lap rule establishes Freestyle, but disallows a perfectly acceptable method.  I wouldn't begin to know the correct wording, though.
Sonic R:

* Grand Prix and Time Attack are both acceptable modes for Three/Single Lap records.
Knuckles Chaotix:

* If Stage Select is enabled, pausing during a screen fadeout needs to be banned, as the Stage Select also activates a Debug that will let the screen fade while the timer remains paused.
S1:

* Simply add something after the title on the rules page that separates it from S1GBA.  I figure this was gonna be done anyway, but eh.
Rivals:

* If you get an opponent stuck, the cap on whacking him should be, say, five times or so.  Sky Park's my main concern, you can get a Rival stuck on the strongman bells and beat him to kingdom come for eternity, at 500 points a hit.
That's all I remember, although I'm sure there's other things we hit on in the last few months.  Please say anything that needs to be said.

magnum12:
I'd say five times should be the cap for the Rivals issue.

Bilan:
On that note Id like to point out that White Acropolis Sonic has an infinite amount of points~

eggFL:
In reponse to RPG: you guys dealt with that exact problem in certain stages in SA2 by making a time limit. So let's do that in Sonic06. What time limit do you propose for White Acropolis Sonic?

Taillow:
Bah.  MORE games with infinite points?  There needs to be a good way to deal with that...  Especially if Rivals has a suggestion different to every other one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version