Sonic Central > Rules Revisions

Sonic Heroes - Team Blast Glitch [Resolved] (updates in first post)

<< < (10/13) > >>

eredani:
Onryou have also used TBG for several of his times, along with the boss ones. His Dark time total is strangely his best one, and I'm willing to bet that he used TBG for most of his Dark times. For a list: Times > Final Fortress > Dark 6:50:24, Mystic Mansion > Dark 5:29:93, Bullet Station > Dark 6:24:21, Extra > Ocean Palace > Dark 4:03:63. I'm a bit uncertain regarding which other times he have used TBG on, because he doesn't really have that many good stats to compare to.

Most of videogamemaster777's Dark times are much better than they should be compared to his Sonic times. For example his Bingo Highway Dark time is 5:31:98, which is 12 seconds faster than with Team Sonic even though it should be slower, and his Lost Jungle Dark is 50 seconds faster than with Sonic. I think it's safe to assume he used TBG for his times.

For Chaotix Rings it should be allowed to use TBG, as it isn't abusive if no advantage in stats is gained by using it. You can get the exact same Ring counts with or without TBG, and the only difference is in the amount of time that's spent in the stage, but the time/score result is irrelevant when Ring attacking. An exception to this is Final Fortress Chaotix, as the point total for comboing every enemy can exceed what you would normally get with time bonus, and Power Plant Dark, where the increased point total besides time bonus can also be larger. Using TBG while RAing those stages to finish faster and get more combos could give you a higher score than would otherwise be achievable even with a larger time bonus, and that score would obviously be invalid under the rules.

Auriman1:
Just throwing this idea out in the open: No Team Blast for Chaotix RA (not limiting to TBG).
It seems like that's what most people imply when they say no TBG in Chaotix rings.  That way, there'd be no more issues with TBG or wasting time, Chaotix rings would stay, and the annoying team blast factor would be eliminated.  If I remember correctly, there's nothing you actually need team blast in order to accomplish for any given level in the game (except in Metal Sonic's perfect form).  I realize that would mean wiping out all current Chaotix ring stats, though, which I'm sure some would disagree with, but it seems like the best choice in the end...

What are your opinions on such an action?

sonicam:
Bad idea. There is nothing wrong with using Team Blast for Chaotix Rings.  The only issue is that the rings you get are random. However, if this is the reason for removal, then SADX and SAdv1 and 2 would have to go due to the ? boxes. The only reason Mike feels that TBG should be banned from Chaotix Rings is for consistancey and the fact that TBG might leak into other stats. Put up the rule I said in my last post (and perhaps on the Sonic Heroes Submissions screen) and problem solved.

yse:
Okay, ruling amended. TBG is permitted for rings only.

KnucklesSonic8:
http://www.soniccenter.org/rankings/sonic_heroes/extra/final_fortress/chaotix <- JB apparently has used TBG. It's possible other stats of his has used TBG.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version