Sonic Central > Rules Revisions

E-102 Hot Shelter and dumbness [Resolved...again]

<< < (7/14) > >>

X-5:
ahh wtf, here's how I stand on this so no one is confused.

-Either NO switch abuse and timestop
-NO switch abuse and no timestop

And F-Man, to be quite honest, why do you think it matters if you accidently hit the switch more than once just because the game glitched?   Just hit it enough times to get through the level, and only that- it's not such a big deal as groudon has been trying to say.

F-Man:
If you can hit it more than once, then why should you be stopped from doing it until your time is 99:59? It could also cause a difference between first and second places, as one would have hit the switch more than the other, having a few seconds advantage. People would eventually just intentially hit them more to get first place and there'd be no end.

X-5:
I guess you have a point there as I never thought of it that way; screw it then- i'm out of ideas, people who have to be cheap just to be ahead by 1 second really screw things up huh? :/

magnum12:

--- Quote from: F-Man on November 14, 2006, 06:38:00 pm ---
--- Quote from: ParaGod on November 14, 2006, 06:11:36 pm ---I guess everyone misunderstood what I said, I never said the switch abuse should be allowed, just a suggestion of removing the timestop glitch as well, so the level would basically be played like any other Gamma level.

--- End quote ---
That doesn't fix the issue of switches being way too easy to shoot more than once. And you'd just be adding another unnecessary rule.

(By the way, Groudon, I have no idea where you got the idea you could get high times such as these without switch abuse)

--- End quote ---
I think the best way to handle the new ruling is a re-wording such as this one. "You may not shoot a switch more than three consequtive times." This accounts for accidental shots and nips switch scalping in the bud since you need to shoot the switches many times to get a decent benefit. I'm still also in favor of moving the time freeze to free style as ParaGod suggested.

SadisticMystic:
Timestop, shoot a switch 3 times, move on, shoot the next 3 times, move on, get to the boss chamber, escape again, go back to the first switch, shoot it 3 times, and GameCube still gets to 99 minutes, but in an even more annoyingly long way.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version