Sonic Central > Rules Revisions

E-102 Hot Shelter and dumbness [Resolved...again]

<< < (5/14) > >>

F-Man:

--- Quote from: ParaGod on November 14, 2006, 05:23:36 pm ---About all this checkpoint abuse stuff, I don't remember EXACTLY how I got my 9:25 but I do recall going through the stage once, doing the time stop glitch and killing everything again and then killing the boss. I thought this was how you got 99 minutes(at the time I didn't know shooting the switch gave 1 second, and I thought you got 99 minutes by doing the glitch over and over)
Maybe it's possible to abuse more checkpoints for more time which would get old, I forget how the stage works nowadays because I only ever tried for like 10 minutes once I learned about the time stop glitch.

I don't even think the switches besides the lift thing give any time, but I could be wrong-  but if i'm not then it obviously wouldn't hurt a damn thing to shoot it again.

But now that I think about it, maybe just a legit playthrough with no time stop would have been the best choice?

--- End quote ---
And allow multiple switch shooting then? This won't fix the problem at hand, but I still have to agree it'd be better than the travesty that was decided by Rolken and mike.

Groudon:

--- Quote from: ParaGod on November 14, 2006, 05:23:36 pm ---About all this checkpoint abuse stuff, I don't remember EXACTLY how I got my 9:25 but I do recall going through the stage once, doing the time stop glitch and killing everything again and then killing the boss.

--- End quote ---

In my 9:06 run, I did something similar to that.  I abused checkpoints quite a bit, but the last checkpoint was the biggest one.  Activating that one then restarting from there resets everything in the level, making 9:00 possible (among other checkpoints abused).

--- Quote from: ParaGod on November 14, 2006, 05:23:36 pm ---I don't even think the switches besides the lift thing give any time, but I could be wrong-  but if i'm not then it obviously wouldn't hurt a damn thing to shoot it again.

--- End quote ---

All switches give an extra second when shot, regardless of where it's located or what level it's on.

--- Quote from: ParaGod on November 14, 2006, 05:23:36 pm ---But now that I think about it, maybe just a legit playthrough with no time stop would have been the best choice?

--- End quote ---

Even then, it would still give results similar to what a timestop would provide, due to the switch shooting.  It would be easier for 99:50 and up on DC, since DC players can't stop time there anyway.  So they improvise.  And the fact that the timer doesn't stop increasing when it hits 99:59 on DC.

X-5:
I guess everyone misunderstood what I said, I never said the switch abuse should be allowed, just a suggestion of removing the timestop glitch as well, so the level would basically be played like any other Gamma level.

Groudon:
Yes, but like I said, it wouldn't make too much of a difference besides the fact that the top times on GC could be a little over 98:xx.xx, whereas the DC times can reach 99:30 and up, since there's no timestop glitch for them anyway and the time accumulates past 99:59.

F-Man:

--- Quote from: ParaGod on November 14, 2006, 06:11:36 pm ---I guess everyone misunderstood what I said, I never said the switch abuse should be allowed, just a suggestion of removing the timestop glitch as well, so the level would basically be played like any other Gamma level.

--- End quote ---
That doesn't fix the issue of switches being way too easy to shoot more than once. And you'd just be adding another unnecessary rule.

(By the way, Groudon, I have no idea where you got the idea you could get high times such as these without switch abuse)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version